Shortly after the conference a journalist from discovery news picked the topic up and did some interviews. This resulted in an article: "Touch-Screen Steering Wheel Keeps Eyes on Road" (Discovery News, 6.6.2011)
ACM Tech News mentioned the Discovery News article News (ACM Tech News June 8 2011).
After this it found its way around and appeared more widely than expected :-) examples include
- "Touch-screen steering wheel keeps drivers focused on the road" (Physorg, 6.6.2011)
- "German Researchers Working On Multi-touch Gestures Steering Wheel" (Softsailor, 15.6.2011)
- "New Touchscreen Steering Wheel May Reduce Driver Distractions" (Extreme Tech, 14. 6. 2011)
- "Researchers invent touchscreen steering wheel" (Sympatico.ca, 13.6.2011)
- "Touch Screen Steering Wheel Aims To Improve Driving Safety" (PSFK, 13.6.2011)
- "Researchers working on Touch Schreen Steering Wheel" (Pistonheads, 13.6.2011)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_32jOlQY7E Gestural Interaction on the Steering Wheel - Reducing the Visual Demand. chi2011madness Video.